Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Zoya NYFW 2012 Fall Collection: Gloss swatches & review *pic heavy*

With the firestorm of interest in Zoya's Fall Collections: Designer, Diva & Gloss, I wanted to show these beauties quickly so you could get the scoop on some of fall's hottest shades right here!

The first collection I'll be showing is the Gloss Collection. I have to preface my review with the fact that I've never owned a jelly polish before. I know... shock and awe. Honestly, if you've read some of my posts you might've seen me mention that I detest sheer colors. VNL (visible nail line) irritates me. Like a lot. I don't know why it rubs me the wrong way, but it does. I feel like I'm looking at someone's underwear hanging out of their pants or something when I see VNL! I want to yell "pull your pants up! put on a belt!" seriously...

Now, with that lil disclosure over with I will go on to say that I fell in love with the Gloss Collection! I mean, the colors are stunning and the juiciness of the formula, how it looks on the nail... wow. They're beautiful and ultra shiny without a top coat! Can anyone see a yummy jelly sandwich in my future?? I sure can....

I applied this collection the same so you could see the depth of color in each coat

First up is the magically delicious Paloma!

What a beautiful color!! A perfect raspberry in a very yummy jelly! Wow is all I can say. The pictures don't do this color any justice what so ever. It's beautiful and opaque in 3 coats. Personally, I liked the depth the 4th coat gave.

Next is the incomparable Katherine!

What a lovely lady she is! Katherine looks like a deep plum purple in the bottle but she applies in the shade of raisins. Not a bad thing at all, I can see this color being beautiful in fall and winter with a fluffy warm sweater... or maybe a fun date outfit shade that started in the afternoon but kept going till the evening? 

Last, but certainly not least is the edgy Frida!

Ooooh who doesn't love a yummy, lovely forest green?! Seriously though, who? Because we'll need to educate them quick! My love, Frida, looks like a deep teal in the bottle but applies and shows up as a forest green. This color will have a lot of mileage for fall, winter and spring. It's truly lovely at 2/3 coats and opaque in 3/4 coats. 

Sorry, I forgot a bottle shot for Frida!

I hope you enjoyed my review of the new Gloss collection by Zoya. These colors and many more can be purchased at for $8ea. The other two Fall Collections, Diva & Designer, will get their own separate posts in the coming days, so stay tuned!


This is a free sample given to me by a company. Either directly from the manufacturer or from a PR company. Receiving this sample in no way impacts my review of the product. My views are my own and are expressed as accurately and fairly to the best of my ability.


  1. I love that you show the different coats! Very beautiful.

    1. Thanks!! I thought it'd be helpful to better judge if you truly liked/wanted the color since it changes the depth with each coat. :) xo E

  2. I thought I was all set with these...BUT....gah! I think I need them. Surprisingly, my fav is Katherine! Love that you showed all the different layers :)

  3. Love the swatches, you did a really good job showing the different layers!
    Also I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. The link is here:


We love any comments you'd like to leave us. If you have any questions about anything in particular feel free to email, twitter or Facebook us- we DO respond!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...