Search This Blog

Friday, July 13, 2012

I'M BACK!!! (proof of my A.D.D enclosed)

It has been a while and I really feel like I am so far out of the loop it is not even funny!  Anyone who reads this blog knows that I live in Ohio.  Beautiful Ohio, the home of the Buckeyes and... oh God, that's pretty much where it ends! LOL! Anywho... if you know anyone in Ohio then you know that we got hit with a pretty random, pretty ridiculous storm recently.  Power lines down all over town, food gone bad, no cable, no cell service, no internet and NO AIR CONDITIONING!!!  Ohio was like the foreshadowing armageddon experience that I never wanted!!!  Needless to say, my life has slowly gotten back to "normal".  OH WAIT... I also started a new job.

Some history... I have not worked a real job in over two years.   I have been blessed to be OK financially with my husband working.  Thank God that I was able to take that time because I took care of some pretty serious medical issues as well.  With all of that said, going back to work has been a super huge life transition.  I also left corporate america and am now working with inner city youth!  Talk about shell shock... but, I love it.  What I don't like is waking up at 6am every morning and having to get ready to be pleasant by 8am but, other than that it has been really great!  I never really saw myself working with kids but I love them all and really feel like I am making a difference.  

My kids at work!  Aren't they cute?
With all of that said, I am happy to be back in the land of the living and the world of polish that I love so much!  With all that has been going on I went nearly two whole weeks without polish on my nails!  Last night, however, I couldn't wait to get something fun on them and below is a quick pic of my first real mani in weeks!  I used two coats of OPI Fly and finally used my Sally Hansen Salon effects Polish Strips Zip It!  Hope you like it.

Sally Hansen Salon effects, Zip It! 
Love that OPI Fly!  
Sorry for the A.D.D. post but I had so much to catch you up on!  Let me know what you think about all my crazy!  I love the comments. : )

P.S. There are only a few days left for the insane sale that is going on at Ulta right now!  Don't miss it!  
P.S.S. Don't forget to enter our giveaway!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Love these, many of the SH foils seem far to similar to effects of stamping to invest in them but these are really really neat. and the new job sounds fun - early starts and bing civil at the unforgivable hour of 8am excepted. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Stell! As for the SH foils... I got them for $2.50 on clearance at Ulta! LOVE THAT STORE!!! I don't know that I would pay full price for them but for $2.50 I figured WTH. BTW... I SUCK at stamping! LOL! E has been trying to get my to do more but every time I try, it just looks like crap. Let me know if you have any pointers for me. I have plates and good stamper I just can't seem to get it right. :(
      -Dom

      Delete

We love any comments you'd like to leave us. If you have any questions about anything in particular feel free to email, twitter or Facebook us- we DO respond!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...