Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Zoya Pixie Dust ... Taking Textured Polish by Storm

My initial reaction to all the talk about texture/sand paper like polish was "really? textured polish?". None of them sounded very appealing to me. My first dive in the texture pool was with the OPI Liquid Sands from the Mariah Carey Collection. I liked them fine but I wasn't totally sold yet on the concept.



I started hearing talk about Zoya coming out with their own textured polish and I was excited to try them since I have been loving and definitely enjoying the colors/formula of recent Zoya releases. When the sneak peeks of the Pixie Dust Collection appeared I was really happy with the colors. They looked very pretty and wearable. Not quite the in your face boldness of the Liquid Sands. Now that I think about it, maybe that is why I wasn't totally in love with the trend at first. It seemed to be a little too much, the bright colors on top of the texture. Zoya's color choices were much more subtle and ultra wearable. There were no swatches available at first, so it was hard to really tell if they were going to be all I had hoped for. The anticipation was crazy as I awaited their arrival.

More after the jump --> click the link to read the rest!



Once I got my Pixie Dust Collection, I was floored by how pretty they were in the bottles! My immediate favorite in the box was Nyx. Something about the periwinkle just grabbed my attention; however I soon realized that picking a true favorite out of this collection was going to be harder than I thought! The collection consists of six amazing colors with equally awesome names. Now for the fun part ... Let the Zoya Pixie Dust swatch-a-thon begin!

For each of the shots below I used two coats of polish with no base or top coat. The formula was really nice. You do have to be deliberate with your painting because they dry pretty quickly (which is a bonus for me)! I had no problems with application and had to do minimal clean up. I'm not sure if it's the formula or my advanced painting skills, (haha!) but it was really easy to create a natural bumper with these lacquers. The first coat applied like a dream and the second coat soaked in and really created a nice texture.

Zoya describes Chyna as "a red dazzle with a sugar sparkle" and I must agree that this one is a dazzler for sure!


Godiva is "a soft nude with a sugared sparkle". This polish is really sophisticated and a polish that I would wear for even the most classy event. It is just gorgeous!


Vespa is "a Mint Kiss with a sugared sparkle". (I think there is a theme here!) I am a green girl and this green is seriously a great addition to my collection. I can honestly say that I don't think I have anything quite like it in my collection.


Nyx is "the perfect periwinkle with a sugared sparkle" and was my initial favorite of this collection. The color is perfect and a great addition to my spring line up!


London is "a fog gray with a sugared sparkle". Now, I love gray but every time I wear just a plain gray someone always seems to suggest that it is a depressing color! I am certain that I will NOT have that problem with this stunner!


The final color in this collection is Dahlia and it is described as "a black beauty with (you guessed it) a sugared sparkle". LOVE THIS COLOR! This color is perfect for a night out on the town for sure! 


I have to say that thanks to Zoya I am now officially a texture polish lover! I would highly recommend this line to anyone that is looking for something a bit different. I can't wait for the summer Pixie's to come out! 

Let me know what you think! Do you have a favorite? How do you feel about the textured polish trend? I would love to hear your thoughts.

These polishes and more can be found on zoya.com. The Pixie Dust Collection can be found here for $9ea. 

This product was provided to me for free and in no way impacts my review.
 The views and findings expressed are my own and to the best of my ability.

1 comment:

We love any comments you'd like to leave us. If you have any questions about anything in particular feel free to email, twitter or Facebook us- we DO respond!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...