Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

Like that date you were looking forward to all day but...

Hello all you gorgeous individuals! It's E and this is my first post about a polish... in blog form lol!

While I hemmed and hawed about what polish to blog about first, Dom suggested my brand new bottle of Zoya - Julieanne freshly purchased from Ulta. As soon as I noticed it on the front of the rack heading up a couple other beauties, I felt I had to have her. I just felt this pull toward Julieanne. 

Quietly urging from my bucket o' polish, Julieanne, has a really loud personality once you notice her. I got excited to try out this beautiful polish from a brand I have heard so many good things about. I started by filing my nails down and making them as uniform as I could. I don't like my nails very long at all. I never have and I never will. I know that's not the popular opinion as far as nails and blogging goes but it's mine ;) 

Next, I put one coat of Seche Clear as my base. Now... with the first stroke of Julieanne I could tell that this polish formula is not like any others that I own. The most important thing to impart is this-  It dries super duper extra crazy fast! This polish is not the type that you can be simple, pretty, and clean with your brush strokes, at least if you can't do that fast. For me, as you can see in the pictures, I had to pretty much slap the paint on and hope for the best lol. 

3 Coats
I did 3 total coats of Julieanne and one top coat of Seche Vite. You could conceivably do 2 coats and be fine, but I noticed that I hadn't seen any of the yummy duochrome-y-ness yet. Therefore I did 1 more coat in hopes of seeing that ever illusive complement of green/gold that shows in the bottle...
3 Coats & Seche Vite Top Coat
Total massive let down. While the finished mani is pretty in a grape purple glitter with dark purple background way, it does not show any hint of the duochrome shift unless you're staring hard and in a weird indirect sunlight. 

Much like the date you were amped up and looking forward to all day but he turned out to be a total nose picking dud, Zoya - Julieanne, was a waste of my time and $8. I have other polishes that are more dynamic on (in AND out of direct sunlight) and quite honestly if I could return the bottle I would. 

Outside and the best shot of the illusive green/gold shift

AWESOME ALTERNATES TO THE RESCUE!!

If you have any of these in your stash or if you have access to acquiring them I would recommend these in lieu of the Zoya - Julieanne. I think you'll be infinitely happier and get more mileage out of these rather than Julieanne.

Pictured from L to R: Sinful Colors - I Love You, Rimmel - Night Before, Sinful Colors - Daddy's Girl, OPI - Russian Navy (while a dark blue it has a purple sheen that can be played up with layering or glitter), Revlon - Scandalous (Glitter and a stand alone), Finger Paints - Purple Palette, OPI - Grape... Set... Match


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love any comments you'd like to leave us. If you have any questions about anything in particular feel free to email, twitter or Facebook us- we DO respond!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...